Our Mission and Services
Apex, their name says it all. They have the pinnacle of lab technology with a state of the art facility and personalized fast service. I trust Apex Dental Milling for all my patients.
– Anthony Valentine, DDS
At Apex Dental Milling, we stay on the cutting edge of technology and provide the highest quality of dental restoration products. We want you to experience the finest dental technology with the most convenience. Each case we receive is handled with precision, detail, and care by our expert technicians and staff. Apex is an authorized BruxZir Milling Center. We also mill authentic Lava Esthetic Zirconia (made by 3M) and we press authentic e.max material (made by Ivoclar). All of our products are designed using the latest computer-aided design software and manufactured onsite. Let us help you with all your dental laboratory needs. We want to offer you the best quality of service that is simple and easy, yet innovative and beautiful.
Tooth Preparation Guidelines for Zirconia Crowns
Tooth Preparation Guidelines
- Uniform tooth reduction of 1.0-1.5 mm for PFZ, 0.75-1.5mm for Full Contour
- Circumferential chamfer
- Rounded line angles
- Reduce linguals of anteriors with football diamond to create concave lingual
Why Tooth Preparation Design is Important
- Uniform reduction results in optimum ceramic strength
- Adequate reduction leads to better esthetics
- Smooth contouring decreases potential for fracture
- Scanners read smooth preparations more accurately
- Marginal adaption is optimal with chamfer margin
Tooth reduction for shaded zirconia crowns is less than that for PFM or traditional all-ceramic crowns. Zirconia is very strong (>900MPa) and an opaque layer is not required for PFZ.
Translation Guide for Vita 3D Master Shade to Vitapan Classical Shade
|Vita 3D Master Shade||Vitapan Classical Shade|